Child support orders must be taken seriously

Child support is a very important part of a child custody-related case. The custodial parent in a child custody case might need the financial assistance from the non-custodial parent to help support the child’s needs. There are some instances in which a parent is required to pay child support, but doesn’t do so. In that, the parent who is recipient of the child support can take action to get the child support paid.

We know that having to deal with an unpaid child support issue is challenging. If you are the recipient of the support, you might need the money to pay for things your child needs. If you are the person who pays the child support, your circumstances might have changed in a way that has impacted your ability to pay the required amount.

No matter which side of the situation you are on, we can help you to learn your options to resolve the case. Parents who are due to receive child support can work with the child support agency to help collect the past due child support. Parents who are supposed to pay face consequences, such as interception of tax refunds, withholding of child support from wages and certain benefits, driver’s license suspension, possible contempt of court charges, and other similar actions for failing to pay child support.

We know that child support issues are very sensitive issues that require a certain amount of confidentiality. We can help you to find out how you can handle the issue. If you need a child support modification, taking action as soon as possible is vital.

Recent Posts



Anne Arundel County

Empire Towers
7310 Ritchie Highway, Suite 910
Glen Burnie, MD 21061

Phone: 410-766-0113

Fax: 410-766-0270

Howard County On the grounds of Columbia Mall

30 Corporate Center
10440 Little Patuxent Parkway,
Suite 900
Columbia, MD 21044

Phone: 410-964-0050

Baltimore County (Arbutus/Catonsville)

Phone: 410-719-7377

Fax: 410-766-0270