Glen Burnie Theft Lawyer
From shoplifting to grand larceny, theft crimes can send you to jail or prison if you are convicted. Even petty theft convictions can negatively affect your future. Having a criminal record can prevent you from attending college, being eligible for scholarships and grants, and applying for certain jobs.
Charged With a Theft Crime?
If you have been charged with theft, contact the Law Offices of Todd K. Mohink, PA. We provide aggressive defense against all misdemeanor and felony theft charges. Our experienced criminal defense attorneys work hard to protect the rights of people charged with theft crimes. When you need a Maryland theft defense lawyer, consult our firm by calling 800-266-8151 .
You May Face Serious Penalties
Unlawfully taking another person’s property or using deceit to obtain another’s property or services may result in theft charges. The severity of the penalties for theft is based on the value of the property stolen. In Maryland, theft charges are categorized as follows:
- Less than $100 of stolen goods is a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of 90 days in jail or a $500 fine
- Less than $1,000 of stolen goods is a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of 18 months in prison or a $5,000 fine
- $1,000-$10,000 of stolen goods is a felony with a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, a $10,000 fine or both
- $10,000-$100,000 of stolen goods is a felony with a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison, a $15,000 fine or both
- $100,000 or more of stolen goods is a felony with a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison, a $25,000 fine or both
In some cases, we are able to negotiate with prosecutors for reduced charges or sentences. Please speak with one of our attorneys to discuss the specifics of your case.
Consult Our Glen Burnie Theft Lawyers Immediately
For theft defense, call the Law Offices of Todd K. Mohink, PA, at 800-266-8151 . From our offices in Glen Burnie and Columbia, we defend residents of the surrounding areas against a wide range of criminal charges.