Glen Burnie & Columbia Child Support Lawyer
The Law Offices of Todd K. Mohink are an experienced family law firm. Our Glen Burnie & Columbia child support lawyers handle all types of child support matters, including:
- Initial determination of child support
- Modifications of child support
- Enforcement of child support orders
- Paternity as it relates to child support
Factors Determining Child Support Amounts
In Maryland, the amount of child support is determined by guidelines in the statutes. The support level depends on a number of factors, including:
- The number of children;
- The amount of time the children spend with each parent;
- The parents’ incomes;
- The costs of the children’s day care, health insurance; and
- The amount of any alimony or spousal support, and certain other payments.
In cases of significant wealth, the court may order child support above the guidelines amount if the judge believes it is in the best interest of the children.
Call us at 800-266-8151 to discuss your child support matter.
Modifications and Enforcement of Child Support
Over time, there can be material changes in the incomes of the parents, the child’s needs, and the child’s living arrangements. In these cases, a modification in the support level can usually be obtained.
If you are receiving child support, you should receive all of the support indicated by the guidelines. If you are paying child support, you should not have to pay more than the law requires. In either case, the Law Offices of Todd K. Mohink can go to court on your behalf to obtain a modification in the amount of child support.
We can also help you with:
- Enforcing an existing child support order if your ex-spouse is not paying what has been ordered; and
- Defending against child support enforcement and collection motions, if you are unable to pay the child support ordered by the court.
Contact Our Glen Burnie & Columbia Child Support Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Use our online form to arrange yours, or call the Law Offices of Todd K. Mohink, PA, at 800-266-8151 to speak with an experienced child support lawyer. We look forward to meeting you at our Columbia location or our Glen Burnie office.